Sunday, 19 October 2014

A Few Autumn Favourites


Autumn is my favourite season, when you get the cooler mornings but by the afternoon the sun is shining. I love the berry colours and dark reds of autumn make-up and I've always preferred them to the corals and brighter colours that comes with spring and summer. So I've put together a few of my favourites things that I've bought over September and October.

Berlin Street Style by Angelika Taschen is a book I got about a month ago in Urban Outfitters, unfortunately I think it's sold out online just now but I'm sure you could get it from Amazon or somewhere similar. I've seen Paris style books like this before but they didn't really interest me as much as this one, maybe because Berlin is somewhere I've been wanting to go to for ages. It gives a lot of insight into the more causal but stylish trends a lot of German woman tend to wear as well as cafe and hotel recommendations!

Colour drama by Maybelline - I picked these up in Boots a few weeks ago as they reminded me of the NARS Satin Lip Pencil which I got last year but these are a lot cheaper. I chose the colours Berry Much and Red Essential and I think they're amazing, they can be used as a lip liner as well as a lipstick. It has a good staying power and is a matte finish which I love!

Kate Matte Lasting Finish by Rimmel - Another purchase from Boots is this Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 107 which is a really nice deep red. I bought this as a kind of an impulse buy as I wasn't really looking for another red lipstick but I'd heard good things about these so thought I'd give it a go and I'm glad I did, I've ended up wearing it almost every day. It's nice and creamy so it doesn't dry out your lips and it smells nice which is always a bonus!

Sephora smart liner - This is something I got in Marbella over summer but hadn't got around to using until recently. The nice thing about this eyeliner is the shape of the handle, it makes it really easy to use if you're wanting to do a cat eye and the black is also really intense. Although I do see it drying up quite quickly and it struggles to go across some eye shadows that I've had on which means I normally use a separate eyeliner for a night out.

Lastly, are my glasses from Specsavers, stupidly I left mine on holiday and when it was time to go back to college it was essential for me to get a new pair. They were a completely different style to what I had before but it turns out I prefer them a lot more to my old glasses, they seem to suit my face shape more too and it was buy one get one free when I went as well which means I have a spare if I ever lose them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment