Monday, 27 October 2014

Top 5 Skincare Products

It has taken me a while to go through multiple different brands and products to get to a couple of staple items that I know work for me and that I can use over and over. Although I still want to buy new products if I hear good things about it! Obviously I still get the odd few spots but these products have definitely helped keep my skin clearer than it was before.




The St. Ives apricot scrub is something that's been around for a long time but I hadn't got around to trying it until recently. I use it every other day and my skin always feels a lot softer after using it, the microbeads are good for getting rid of any dirt and preventing spots which is always a good thing! 




The body shop 'Vitamin E overnight Serum-in-oil' is an 8 hour oil that replenishes moisture you lose over night. Although I tend to have oily skin using this doesn't make it worse in the slightest, I normally put this on before my moisturiser at night and it definitely makes my skin feel softer when I wake up. I've also recently purchased the Vitamin E Sink in Moisture Mask which is also amazing so I would really recommend getting some of their products.



This is the No. 7 Pore Vacuum Mask. I got this just out of curiosity to see what it would be like and I love to try new face masks and I was really impressed. You apply it onto cleansed skin for about 10 minutes and then peel it off, which I find so satisfying! And as horrible as it sounds you can honestly feel your pores being cleared of all the dirt. I've only used this a handful of times but I will definitely be buying it again, it really has helped to keep my skin from getting spots.



Another body shop purchase is this Camomile silky cleansing oil, it is the first and only cleansing oil I've ever purchased but I don't think I'll be switching to another any time soon. This is perfect way to take off all your make up at the end of the day, not sure how I survived up until I bought it! 



Have you guessed that I like the body shops skin care yet? This is the Vitamin C Cleansing Polish, it's a lovely face wash but I have to say the smell isn't what I thought it would of been. In the bottle it smells faintly of oranges but once you start rubbing it on your face. For me it's a bit overpowering even though I usually love The Body Shop's orange soaps and lip balms, this is just a bit too much. Aside from that I do really like this, it gets any extra that my cleanser hasn't as it has the tiniest little beads in it but it isn't as rough as a scrub.


What are some skin care products that are staples for you?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sound of that pore vacuum mask! Would you say it's any good?

    Farida
    thefadjournal.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it, I think its so satisfying to peel off haha! and it leaves your face lovely and smooth :)
      I love your blog as well! xxx

      Delete