Friday, 14 November 2014

Mini Haul

Over the past couple of weeks I've been treating myself so I thought I'd do a mini haul and share some of my purchases!



First of all I got 'Yes Please' by Amy Poehler. Over the summer I read Mindy Kaling and Tina Fey's books and loved them so I was so excited to hear that Amy had one out too! Although my expectations of this book are high, I think it'll live up to them and I can't wait to start reading it





Next is this Sleek Sunset palette, I've been looking for something with really nice golden and cranberry/berry colours and this is perfect! I'll definitely be getting wear out of all of these shades apart from maybe the blue one. I don't think the blue fits in with the rest of the palette but the other 11 shades are gorgeous! It was my first sleek purchase but I already know I'll be buying more, the packaging is great, I love the big mirror and the product is lovely!



Top row.                                                                                               Bottom row
To go along with my Sleek palette I thought I'd buy myself some new brushes so when I was in Boots I picked up this EcoTools Duo Brush Set. I think the fact you get four different brush types for just £6.99 is a bargain, it's pretty much everything you need to get the perfect look. This set comes with a Smudge, Blend, Define and Shade brush and I think they're such good quality as well



I know I've featured the Sephora eye liner recently but it just wasn't doing it for me and honestly I went to open it the other morning and it broke so what better excuse to try out a new eyeliner?! I went for the Maybelline Master Precise Liner, it's a really thin brush which I quite like as I seem to have more control over it and if I want to go thicker I can, so far so good for this eyeliner!


I also wanted to treat myself to some festive nail polish and this Barry M one is perfect. It's a lovely red colour and so glittery, I used it with a top coat and it I found that it makes it nice and smooth because I hate when glitter nail polish is all bumpy feeling!




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hand on Amy Poehler's book, I've just finished Mindy Kaling's and I absolutely loved it.I love that Barry M glitter nail varnish, too; I have to use a top coat I can't handle the sandpaper feel of it otherwise!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to start it. I was going to get it on the kindle app but really wanted the book, Mindy Kalings was so good, I want to read it all over again! Oh I know, there's nothing worse than rough nail polish! xxx

      Delete